XFree86 for cygwin installation hanging - a clarification

>    From: Paul Thomas <paulthomas2 at wanadoo dot fr>
>    To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
>    Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 06:44:21 +0100
>    Subject: XFree86 for cygwin installation hanging - a clarification

> Hello once more,

> The problem with the XFree85 install is associated with the XFree-bin-icons
package. If
> I eliminate that from the list of packages, I get a sufficiently complete
installation
> that I can at least run Nedit. XWin still produces a background and nothing
else.

> Yours

> Paul Thomas

There is a fix for the XFree-bin-icons hang (see recent threads on the
Cygwin mailing list).  This turned out to be an obscure problem in the bash
shell, now fixed.  If you update the bash shell the bug should go away.  It
worked for me!