Re: Font and .bat files missing when installing XFree86 only?

Hans Dekker wrote:

Hi all,

Having downloaded a version of XFree86, I see a difference between a previous version and this one:

- When installing de XFree86 option only, no fonts are installed. I had to install (= copy) font files from a previous version and that worked. Am I missing something?

You need the XFree86-fnts package at a minimum. I am surprised that this was not automatically selected. Are you sure that you selected XFree86-base? That package lists XFree86-fnts as a dependency, so it should have been automatically selected.

- Also, some useful .bat files of which startxwin.bat is one, are missing from the current installation. Even when installing the complete package wouldn't help. Why was that?

You have to pick the XFree86-startup-scripts package.

Hope that helps.