Re: interface bindings of x-server

Around 2 o'clock on Nov 19, "roland@webde" wrote:

> Keith, could you put this (being able to specify the interface bindings of
> the xserver on the commandline) as a feature request on http://
> www.freedesktop.org/Software/XserverWishlist if you find this feature
> request useful ? i registerd a wiki account, but logging in doesn`t seem to
> work for me.

I'd like to switch the server so that -nolisten tcp is the default; I
don't see much sense in having it listen to even 127.0.0.1.  But, if you
wanted to make the list of IP addresses that the server bound to
configurable, that seems like a good idea.

ssh -X -C should be the only way to talk to an X server over the network,
at least for now.  If we find a better way in the future, we might revisit
this.

Patches to implement any such changes would be gratefully accepted to the
fd.o X server tree.

The wiki has anti-defacement "security"; please ask most anyone on
#freedesktop to be added to the list of accounts with wiki write access.

-keith