Re: TTF-font rendering not working anymore

If you need another "me, too", here you are - but sorry, I know that this is not really helpful.

I'm not experienced with C programming at all, but if someone has a piece of code or anything else to be tested on my box - you are welcome.

Furthermore I found that I have the following line in my .xinitrc
  xset fp+ "$(cygpath -W)/FONTS"

This has worked for me a long time. Without that line I do not get any TTF-fonts listed by xfontsel. With that line they are listed but not displayed any longer. Is using that command deprecated. I remember that I have used a tool to create the description files "fonts.scale", "fonts.dir", and "encodings.dir" for that font path. I do not remember which tool it was. Maybe I have to recreate these files? Any ideas?

If anybody needs further information or testing, let me know.

Frank-Michael.

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

Kirk,

Somebody needs to give me a three-click test case or I won't even be able to confirm that this is indeed a problem.

You do have the "fontconfig" and "freetype2" packages installed on your machine, right?

Harold

Kirk Erickson wrote:

Sorry I didn't report this earlier.  I've been plagued by the
TTF font problem reported by Fridger Schrempp and Michael Bax
and Fridger Schrempp.

Perhaps if someone were to review the checkins previous to
Michael's reporting the problem (11 Nov 2003), it could be resolved.

This is really a showstopper class bug that folks who made
recent checkins should be made aware of.

DECODON GmbH                        phone: +49(0)3834 515231
W.-Rathenau-Str. 49a                  fax: +49(0)3834 515239
17489 Greifswald                    email: moser@decodon.com
Germany                               web:   www.decodon.com