Re: DDD needs a porter [Was: DDD 3.3.8 segmentation error, related to Motif?]

Richard,

Richard Campbell wrote:

Somebody needs to take it upon themself to port DDD and make appropriate fixes to make it work on Cygwin/X. This has not been done to date, as far as I can recall, and it is likely to need to be done before ddd will "just work". I don't see a lot happening with DDD until someone steps forward to port it properly.

In previous versions (cygwin, xfree, ddd), DDD did compile and run out of the box. I believe that is why no one took it upon themselves
previously.

see http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-09/msg00241.html

Okay. That is good to know.

However, a lot has happened since then and I stand by my point that someone will have to dedicate some time to getting this to work. The LessTif questions could be a red herring... the problem might be that there are some #ifdef __CYGWIN__'s in the code that cause problems with the new Cygwin 1.5.3-x + versions. However, it could be any number of issues.