Re: in xemacs or emacs the highlight disappeared, problems relatedto clipboard

That is by design. Search the archives if you want to know why.

Hong Zhou wrote:

Dear All,

I use cygwin/Xserver on my win2000 as multiwindow mode. It is a great work. I have two problems.
1. )It is good to copy between windows and X programs, so I start the Xserver with the parameter '-clipborad'. When press the left button of mouse to highlight a region and release the button the highlight disappeared automatically. And in the xemacs(emacs)mini window shows a message "mark set". The normal response should keep the highligh. Start the Xserver without the parameter '-clipboard', xemacs works normally.
2.)I have a dictionary program to pick up the words in the sreen. After I start local emacs in the cygwin shell , the program can't pick up any word..

I thought it was the clipboard 's bug, wasn't it?

Thank you very much,
Hong