Re: Error: procedure entry point in cygwin1.dll

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 01:23:38PM +0100, Martin Schmid wrote:
>Hello
>
>I try running xfree/cygwin on a PC with Windows XP. When I try to start
>xfree either directly from the windows explorer with startxwin.bat or from a
>cygwin bash or csh shell with startxwin.sh, I always get the error:
>
>The procedure entry point __getreent could not be located in the dynamic
>link library cygwin1.dll
>
>I have made a search in previous messages and they most of them suggest that
>similar errors are usually caused by having several versions of cygwin1.dll
>or an outdated version of this file. However I have only one version of
>cygwin1.dll on my hard disk, the one that came with cygwin 1.5.5-1 which is
>dated
>to 20.09.03

You should trust the wisdom of the archives.  You either have two versions
of the DLL around, or you need to reboot.  There are no other reasons for
this problem.
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to aaaspam@sourceware.org