This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
- From: cee at ganil dot fr (Cee Rainer)
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:19:51 +0100
- Subject: keyboard settings
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
Dear Cygwin users,
I do not succeed in setting my german keyboard (portable PC, 88
keys) under Cygwin XFree86. I have read the FAQ's and the hints on the
(http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~goal/xfree/#config). This is what I
did so far:
- I have copied the XF86Config sample file into the directory
etc/X11/XF86Config, which I first had to create, and unpacked it
- I have uncommented the lines
Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
Option "XkbLayout" "de"
Nevertheless I still have the US keyboard settings. It seems as if the
config file is completely ignored. My /tmp directory is not mounted at
all. I am using the latest Cygwin version (1.5.5-1.)
Thank you in advance,