This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: keyboard settings
- From: Alexander Gottwald <alexander dot gottwald at s1999 dot tu-chemnitz dot de>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:36:05 +0100 (MET)
- Subject: Re: keyboard settings
- References: <3FD6E537.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Cee Rainer wrote:
> Dear Cygwin users,
> I do not succeed in setting my german keyboard (portable PC, 88
> keys) under Cygwin XFree86. I have read the FAQ's and the hints on the
> Chemnitz homepage
> (http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~goal/xfree/#config). This is what I
> did so far:
> - I have copied the XF86Config sample file into the directory
> etc/X11/XF86Config, which I first had to create, and unpacked it
> - I have uncommented the lines
> Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
> Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
> Option "XkbLayout" "de"
> Nevertheless I still have the US keyboard settings. It seems as if the
> config file is completely ignored. My /tmp directory is not mounted at
> all. I am using the latest Cygwin version (1.5.5-1.)
What tells /tmp/XWin.log?
http://www.gotti.org ICQ: 126018723