XWin: losing focus; killing it

I have done my best with recent topic-related comms (2001, 2003 mainly) but
still need a hand if anybody can help.
For reasons I really don't want to alter, I prefer to start XWin after
opening a bash console, and not from Windows (Start -> Run -> ... or a
command prompt). So, I start bash. At the bash prompt I write
    XWin -nolisten local -multiwindow &
as a preface to
    rxvt -display localhost:0.0
but I find that after "XWin ..." the console loses focus and I need to
regain ownership with a mouse click; then I can go ahead with "rxvt ...". Is
there a switch or qualifier I can add/ subtract to the "XWin ..." command to
keep ownership?
My second question is: how kill a running XWin? Presently I do "ps" followed
by "kill <appropriate PID>" but this needs user input, and I'd prefer a
single command that meant "<kill the presently running XWin>". Can anybody
help?
Thank you.
Fergus