From: Thomas Dickey [mailto:dickey@his.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 1:58 PM
To: devel@XFree86.Org
Cc: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Proper attribution of patches

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> Thomas Dickey wrote:

> >>Our change log is in our release notes, where the changes were
> >>attributed to Ralf Habacker:
> >

> > tsk, tsk: the actual commit on the code change bears only your name.
> >
> > A casual reader of that commit (and of this thread) would gain the false
> > impression that you did the work.
> >
> > Try to make a point the next time you choose to waste my time.
>
> You put *your* name in the change log message, making an active claim
> that you did the work.

get to the point.  or is logic beyond your capabilities?  All you can
focus on is that I didn't put _your_ name on the change.  A shame.
But given your previous behavior, entirely expected.

Your so-called "announcement" was followup email to the _same_ people
who had been able to watch the discussion of the problem.  That's
not an announcement.

hmm - no overall changelog entry for the project, no webpage giving
project news.  Just a mailing list (subscription-only ;-).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net