Re: Cygwin/X NEdit package maintainership

Nathan,

Nathan Gray wrote:

On Jan 1, 2004, at 9:29 PM, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

It might be wise if someone from the NEdit project would review the Cygwin/X NEdit package. The goal would be to determine if the Cygwin/X NEdit package has any common or easily detectable platform-dependent bugs.

I don't use windows/cygwin so I can't really comment on platform-dependent bugs, but I can comment on platform *independent* bugs, namely building with the wrong version of Lesstif/Open Motif. As long as you aren't bypassing any warnings when building NEdit 5.4 (e.g. defining BUILD_BROKEN_NEDIT) things should be fine on this account.

I didn't have to define BUILD_BROKEN_NEDIT, but I don't think that check_lin_tif was being built in the default build for Cygwin, so the version of LessTif is not being checked. When I built it manually it showed that 0.93.91 is an untested version, but not a version explicitly known to be broken.

P.S. Props to you for keeping your cool when dealing with the XFree86 project. Very professional. Too bad the same can't be said for them.

I think it would probably be unprofessional to comment on that publicly. ;)