Re: X11 Selections

I have successfully wrapped the dix layer's SetSelectionOwner function in InitInput.c (it seems this needs to happen only once per instance of XWin.exe, not per screen), and confirmed that I can print out a message from this function.

The next step is to make sure that I can retrieve the current selection contents within the X Server without a real client connection. I believe that I already had code that could do this, but I will have to look around. I have some new ideas for how to do this if I don't have old code around.

After these two steps are complete I will have to make sure that our protocol for changing ownership of the Win32 and X11 clipboards will not lead to any infinite looping, then I can go about implementing some simple copying and pasting routines.

Finally, I will have to adapt the xwinclip/-clipboard code that handles Unicode and MBCS strings to work with teh new system.

Looks exciting. I might have something later tonight.