Re: Updated: XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-31

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> > Noticed this too. It happend after sever reset.
>
> Here is a dumb question: if the clipboard client is attached, how did
> you cause a server reset?

good question. I've started a session and stopped the windowmanager. The
log showed signs of another server generation. I'll check tomorrow.

Maybe the clipboard client died before.

I've also noticed different behaviour (crash or segfault) depending on
which side (X11, Win32) has changed the clipboard last but had no time
to examine this further. I can test it tomorrow.

> is there a way to force the server to reset
> when there are clients still attached?  I need to be able to do this in
> order to test my fix... and it sounds like there is a way to do this,
> since I don't think it could happen automatically.

I'm quite sure there are similar functions to TerminateServer.

bye
    ago
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723