From: Harold L Hunt II [mailto:huntharo@msu.edu]
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 5:43 PM
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: fatal IO error 104 on start

Follow these steps:

1) Open Cygwin bash shell.

2) In bash shell, run the following two commands:

umount /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts
umount -u /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts

3) Rerun Cygwin's setup.exe, select 'Reinstall' for any of the following
packages that were already installed:

XFree86-f100
XFree86-fcyr
XFree86-fenc
XFree86-fnts
XFree86-fscl

4) Launch Cygwin/X again and test that the font problems have gone away.

5) Report your results here along with any deviations you had to make
from these instructions.

Harold