some questions relating kde-cygwin and XWin

Hi,

1. for the next kde-cygwin 3.1.4 release I'm going to build a start script,
which starts all required applications like ipc-daemon2, XWin and KDE basic
apps and kills this processes after a logout, if they are started by the
script. I like to build this script without any inferences especially to
other XWin instances running on other displays, so I'm required to get the
pid of the started XWin instance.
I've search in the sources of the Xserver but, have not found any useable
feature, so my question is, is there any way known to retrieve the pid of a
started XWin instance or is there a possibility to shutdown the server by a
xclient app ?
If there is no such feature, what about adding a command line option to store
the server pid in a file ?

2. The Xserver could be shutdowned by the Tray X icon or by the X in the Xwin
windows title. I've read that Xwin now supports specific menu entry (I
remember only that this was implemented, not more)

I'm looking for a way to run a script for an controlled kde shutdown after
triggering a server shutdown but before the xserver shutdown is performed.

Unfortunally I haven't found and doc about this in the xfree docs neither I
found any usefull thread with an overview of this feature for evaluating a
possible implementation, so my question is if anone can give me a pointer to
some docs.

3. run.exe does not support space in path. I've search for any sources, but
haven't  found anyone only the binary seems to available in startup-scripts
package. So my question is, if this could be fixed ?

BTW: There is a font size problem on http://xfree86.cygwin.com/devel/server in
the Topic Souce Code:

Ralf