Re: xfig and mwm problems ...

The man has a point: I just tried to duplicate the problem and succeeded in duplicating the problem :)

Okay, the reason this problem exists is due to the stupid VendorShell that is used by Xt. LessTif overrides VendorShell with its own and we had to write a hack to make this work on Cygwin/X.

Unfortunately, Xaw3d also overrides the VendorShell with its own version. However, it appears that I got a little too busy right around the time that I was going to release a patched Xaw3d library... I have the updated version built in my local tree, but I never finished testing it or releasing it. :) I just tested the fix and it solves your problem.

Thanks for putting up with a forgetful developer... I had this email all typed up, explaing how there might be a problem since Xaw3d and LessTif both override the VendorShell. Then I thought that I had better confirm that Xaw3d had actually been released with that fix; it hadn't, so I had to rewrite the whole email. :)

Xaw3d-1.5D-5 is coming soon to a mirror near you and will fix your problem with xfig and mwm.

Harold

B. Marchand wrote:

I appear to have the same version of lesstif as you have listed below. I take it you cannot duplicate this problem?

--B.

Well, there is one more thing you should check:

$ cygcheck -c lesstif
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
lesstif              0.93.91-5      OK

Make sure that you have that same version of lesstif (it includes mwm).

Harold

B. Marchand wrote:

Well, after having obtained the most recent packages:

Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
Xaw3d                1.5D-4         OK
xfig                 3.2.4-5        OK
XFree86-bin          4.3.0-8        OK

    I find I still have the same problem. However, as I said before,
    it only happens if I'm running the motif window manager (mwm). It
    is otherwise not an issue under twm or if I run startxwin.bat.
    Thanks for all your help.

--B.