Re: xfig and mwm problems ...

The man has a point:

woman ;-)

I just tried to duplicate the problem and succeeded in duplicating the problem :)

Yes! Thank you. It's good to know that I'm not the only one with the problem.

Okay, the reason this problem exists is due to the stupid VendorShell that is used by Xt. LessTif overrides VendorShell with its own and we had to write a hack to make this work on Cygwin/X.

Unfortunately, Xaw3d also overrides the VendorShell with its own version. However, it appears that I got a little too busy right around the time that I was going to release a patched Xaw3d library... I have the updated version built in my local tree, but I never finished testing it or releasing it. :) I just tested the fix and it solves your problem.

Thanks for putting up with a forgetful developer...

Thank you for taking the time to look into this. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

--B.

I had this email all typed up, explaing how there might be a problem since Xaw3d and LessTif both override the VendorShell. Then I thought that I had better confirm that Xaw3d had actually been released with that fix; it hadn't, so I had to rewrite the whole email. :)

Xaw3d-1.5D-5 is coming soon to a mirror near you and will fix your problem with xfig and mwm.