Re: Copy Paste to Windows

Yes, your problem must be the version of the xserver. If you had the right version all
you'd have to do would be:

To copy from cygwin to Windows
(1) use the mouse to select (highlight) the text you want to copy
(2) the highlighted text is now on the clipboard
(3) if you want to paste that selection into word or notepad then use CTRL-V on the windows side

To copy from Windows to cygwin
(1) use the mouse to select (highlight) the text you want to copy
(2) press CTRL-C to copy seletion into clipboard
(3) go into your xterm and press the middle mouse button to paste. If you don't have a
3 button mouse use the -emulate3buttons option in the startxwin.bat file. Then, to paste, all you'd have to do is press the two mouse buttons simultaneously.

To copy from cygwin to cygwin
(1) use the mouse to select (highlight) the text you want to copy
(2) that puts the selection into the clipboard
(3) place the cursor where you want to paste the text
(4) press the middle mouse button (or the two mouse buttons simultaneously if using the -emulate3buttons option)

That's all.

--B.

Several mirrors are between 6 months and 3 months out of date.

Please run "cygcheck -c XFree86-xserv". If the version reported is not "4.3.0-40", then you installed from an out of date mirror and you need to use a different mirror.

Harold

dvos@nm.ru wrote: Hello .
I've read about uzing clipboard for copy paste and edited my startxwin.bat to

start XWin -multiwindow -clipboard

Yet I cannot copy . I use the last version of XFree , I ran the cygwin Instalaiton today ,from the web.

Maybe I don't know how do I actually copy/paste . Do I use CTRL+C or CTRL+V when I copy to Windows and middle mouse when I copy to cygwin ?
www.newmail.ru -- ?????? ???-?? ?????.