Re: Grace (xmgrace) 5.1.12-1 graph program -- building under cygwin-- possibly LessTif bug from 0.93.91 ?

Robert,

Atwood, Robert C wrote:

Dear Harold and others:

lesstif is the stock version. Also, I reinstalled all my Cygwin earlier
today.

$cygcheck -c lesstif Package Version Status lesstif 0.93.91-5 OK

Comparing the backtrace from this problem and the other problem, it really looks like the same bug to me. Can the 'stock' lesstif be updated to 0.93.94? I thought I had seen the last of that bug a couple of months ago :~O

Well, it wasn't simple. In fact, it took about 8 hours; granted, probably 4 of that was for making clean ups that the lesstif package has needed for a long time. I built lesstif-0.93.94, but it doesn't work well. nedit crashes when opening file dialogs. I'm trying a rebuild of it now to see if having 0.93.91 installed while building 0.93.94 was causing problems.

The alternative solution I came up with was to apply the patch for the bug number you listed to my 0.93.91 source. That seems to be stable. However, you'll have to report whether it fixes your bug or not.

I am going to post my 0.93.94 package as a 'test' release, even if it does not work. I will do this so that others can download the source package and see if they can get it to work. I am not going to look into it any further. If someone gets it working and sends me clean patches, I will release it. If not, I won't release it. We will just have to wait until their is another clean lesstif release that happens to be stable on Cygwin and with nedit.

Hope that helps,