RE: non-widget child "DropSiteManager" error (WAS: RE: Grace (xmgrace) 5.1.12-1 ... )

No huge rush, I am getting the graphing I want done using Grace on a
linux box, no reason other than a bit of convenience to do it on a
window/cygwin installation..

What I did: Building lesstif -- just using the provided script (for now,
without even trying debugging)
Sorry this is my first exposure to the cygwin building scripts, I am not
sure what it did with my config.log, but it is the script included in
0.93.91-6, using <package>.sh all
            Installing lesstif -- untarred the resulting archive into
the / location

            Configuring grace -- grace-5.1.12-1.sh prep
                                 export X_EXTRA_LIBS="-lXft -lfontconfig
-lXrender"
                                 cd grace-5.1.12
                                 ./configure
--with-motif-library-/usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.a  [--enable-debug] (tried
with/without)
                                 make
                                 make tests

The errors occurred here. I tried some other ways of getting the
librarys included (before I settled on this way) with identical results.
With the lesstif installed from the binary package via setup, the tests
work (but crash, as mentioned, with a seg fault if an axis dialog is
opened) In this case no graphs open, only the error message (non-widget
etc.) in the parent terminal window.

I am not sure why X_EXTRA_LIBS were needed when they were not needed
when I compiled grace using the lesstif that was installed from the
binary package. This was very confusing. As far as I can tell, these
libraries are not part of lesstif,(are they?)

Final linking line:

gcc -O2 -mcpu=pentiumpro -fno-common -Wall -pedantic -Wpointer-arith
-Wnested-externs -I.. -I. -I../T1lib/t1lib -I../Xbae
-I/usr/X11R6/include main.o plotone.o files.o ssdata.o utils.o
drawticks.o nonlfit.o lmdif.o as274c.o fit.o fourier.o graphs.o
graphutils.o setutils.o regionutils.o objutils.o computils.o defaults.o
params.o draw.o dlmodule.o pars.o missing.o  iofilters.o dates.o
t1fonts.o device.o dummydrv.o mfdrv.o mifdrv.o psdrv.o pdfdrv.o svgdrv.o
gd.o rstdrv.o mathstuff.o Tab.o motifutils.o compwin.o comwin.o
eblockwin.o editpwin.o events.o featext.o fileswin.o plotwin.o
graphappwin.o helpwin.o hotwin.o locatewin.o miscwin.o monwin.o
nonlwin.o printwin.o ptswin.o regionwin.o setwin.o strwin.o setappwin.o
tickwin.o worldwin.o fontwin.o xutil.o x11drv.o xmgrace.o -o xmgrace.exe
-L/usr/X11R6/lib   ../Xbae/Xbae/libXbae.a /usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.a -lXpm
-lXp -lXmu -lXt -lXext -lX11  -lSM -lICE -lXft  -lfontconfig -lXrender
../cephes/libcephes.a   ../T1lib/libt1.a  -ltiff -ljpeg -lpng -lz -lm

Thanks again.
Dr. Robert Atwood
Research Associate
Dept. of Materials