RE: non-widget child "DropSiteManager" error (WAS: RE: Grace (xmgrace)5.1.12-1 ... )

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Atwood, Robert C wrote:
> Brian Ford wrote:
> >Robert C Atwood wrote:
> >> Is this documented somewhere?
> >>
> >What does *this* mean :^D?
> >
> :-C
> *fulmination removed*
>
> Umm ... is there a place where it says 'Here is how you build a Cygwin
> package from the source archive distributed via Cygwin setup. 1. Unpack
> the archive 2. There will be a script called <package><release>.sh  3.
> Run this script with (one of) the followign arguments: prep , build,
> all, (etc.) 4. Here is what each of the arguments do. ... 5. this
> produces an archive, unpack this as follows.... 6. anything else.

Sorry.  If you look at the context from your previous message, it really
was not clear whether this refered to
--[enable|disable]-[static|shared], how to build a DLL with libtool, etc.
In fact, the this you explained above was not even on my guess list :).

Is think this is the closest this to what you are looking for:

http://cygwin.com/setup.html#package_contents

Look under "Method 2".

> Also I believe the following addition to the script would probably save
> some people (like me) much headache ... suitably filled in where blank,
> I don't quite get what all the different options are for.

I agree.  PTC.  Please send them to cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com.
Although, don't get your hopes up.  There has been another very useful
patch to this script pending for a long time now, and it is not clear why
it has not been accepted.

I'm not sure who is in charge of the generic build script.  Maybe that is
the problem.

[snip]

I have my new machine set up now, so I'll try to take a stab at compiling
it myself today.  I'll let you know how I make out.  Thanks for being
patient.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer