Re: win-ssh-askpass not working.

Steve Howie wrote:

> Can't get it to work - set up the win-ssh-agent, ran the ssh command
> from a script after setting the DISPLAY and SSH_ASKPASS environment
> variables and SSH still prompted me for a password - no askpass window
> popped up. Any ideas??
>
> Running on Windows XP Professional.

> Script (as suggested by Alexander Gottwald):
>
> #!/bin/bash
> export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0
> export SSH_ASKPASS="/usr/bin/win-ssh-askpass.exe"
> ssh -f -X <host> -l username "/opt/SAS82/sas"

I've done some test on it yesterday and it showed that the askpass program
is only executed when the ssh has no terminal. On linux I could start the
ssh from gvim and the it started x11-ssh-askpass. But on windows ssh was
always started in a console window.

Maybe the run.exe utility might help. But I've never used it and have no
links and further information on it. run.exe will start programs without
console windows. Then ssh has no terminal and it must start win-ssh-askpass.

bye
    ago
NP: Tristesse De La Lune - Eiskalte Liebe
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723