Re: problem using XWin for HP-Unix

geethar wrote:

Hi,
We tried to use Cygwin's XWin command to connect to the HP-UNIX machine remotely. But we do not know which port number has to be used. Please let me know which command should be used to connect to HP-Unix and what port has to used for the same.

I appreciate your early response. We are actually stuck with this problem and waiting for this to be resolved.

Thanks in advance.

X traffic generally travels over port 6000 but I believe it's really something like 6000 + DISPLAY # so for DISPLAY=<machine>:0 it's 6000 but for DISPLAY=<machine>:1 it'd be 6001.

Note if you are using XDMCP I believe it uses port 770 (UDP).
--
Copywight 1994 Elmer Fudd. All wights wesewved.