Evolution causes XWin and Win98 PC to crash

Hi!

I have been using Cygwin Xfree86 for a long time with success on Windows 2000. After installing Cygwin and Cygwin Xfree85 on my brothers Windows 98 PC today and starting Evolution on the server side (through an SSH connection) this causes the PC to crash (or more precisely XWin adn Explorer crash and restart seems to be the best cure). Starting xterm works fine. I can start Evolution fine on my W2K PC through an SSH-connection with the same SSH client. Here is the X-components I have installed on my W2K PC:

4.3.0-1 XFree86-base
4.3.0-8 XFree86-bin
4.3.0-8 XFree86
4.3.0-6 XFree86-etc