Re: MultiWindow Mode: stty speed = 0 on xterm cause rlogin to fail

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Danilo Turina wrote:

> In effect opening an xterm within rootless mode I can see from stty that
> the terminal speed is 38400, while opening the same terminal from
> multiwindow mode I see that the speed is 0 (the same does not happens
> for rxvt for which stty always reports 38400).

I've started bash the following ways:

cmd.exe  : speed 38400
  -> xterm.exe : speed 38400
    -> xterm.exe : speed 38400
XWin.exe (multiwindow)
  -> xterm.exe : speed 0
XWin.exe (no multiwindow)
  -> xterm.exe : speed 0
    -> xterm.exe : speed 0
XWin.exe (build with console window)
  -> xterm.exe : speed 0

It seems the newly started xterm inherits the speed settings from the starting
program.

The only solution seems to start the xterms from a windows console.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de