Cygwin/xFree from 2 users

Hello.

I use a notebook computer so I can carry my computing environment around.
This is WinXP and current versions of Cygwin and xFree as of a few weeks ago.

I have several user 'accounts' that belong to various domains. Most of these
accounts are 'js', as in js@machinename, js@domain1.com, js@domain2.org, etc.
I want all of these to use the same Cygwin home directory.

Cygwin and X were installed from js@domain1.com. When I'm not connected to a
network, I use js@machinename. Cygwin seems to work with both user accounts
but X will not start from js@machinename. The attached xwin.log came from
running xinit. Trying to start kde gives an error that there is no write
access to .ICEauthority. I believe the X problem is related to permissions
within /home/js.

I have tried to set up permissions for both user accounts on /home/js but I
can't seem to make them stick.

What permissions are needed? What file permissions are critical, which mearly
convenient? Does the setup process replace the permissions on the user's home
directory? How can Cygwin and X be configured for multiple users on a
machine? and the big question - how can I configure Cygwin and X so that I
can use the same /home/js directory from multiple 'js' accounts?

Jim