RE: Windows XP SP2 and Firewall

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Stuart Adamson wrote:

> What happens when X crashes?

No running service, no vulnerability, no problem. I'm just talking about
opening one single port.

> We *have* to restore the firewall in this case.

> I *think* we can catch this case using SEH - but we can't compile
> using gcc then...

> Maybe we need a wrapper script when runs "disable firewall", "run X",
> "enable firewall".  Works well (until the use kills the wrapper script...)

I'll play with the test program I've written. Maybe this will get an simple
commandline interface for configuring ICF.

But first I have to find an WinXP with installed ICF anywhere. Win2k did
not have it and the plain XP box (no SPs) here hasn't it either.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de