RE: XWin Xserver maximum root area exceeded?

Harold,
I am not using OpenSSH to ssh into the UNIX. I am using xdm with a modified
startup script from the file:
\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\startxdmcp.bat
see below

start XWin :2 -query %REMOTE_HOST% -scrollbars -lesspointer -fp
tcp/%REMOTE_HOST%:7100

I do get the login screen and everything comes up just fine (it did not with
the previous version of XWin I tried some time ago). It connects also just
fine to the fontserver I have running on the remote host.

Everything works on my PC (with root area of 1600x1200 and NT service pack
6) when displaying the pictures of the application running on the Unix box.
But it does not on the controller with the root area of 12800x2048 (running
Windows2000) I get the error below. Which is why I suspect a problem with
the size of the root area.

I downloaded the code and started looking .. but so far no numbers. I also
tried to understand the Xf86config file but did not get far with this.

Brigitte