Re: Still clipboard deadlock with 4.3.0-50

Ed,

Ed Avis wrote:
Ed Avis <ed@membled.com> writes:

Harold L Hunt II <huntharo@msu.edu> writes:

XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-49 has some changes that may help to recover

from and/or to prevent the deadlock situations. Please try it and

let me know if it improves things or not.

Thanks for looking at this - I will try 4.3.0-50.

Unfortunately even after updating with the setup program and
rebooting, running XWin.exe -clipboard can hang Windows apps when I
try to paste into them.  However I am not sure that I'm even running
the -50 release because I don't see any version banner in XWin.log.
The setup program says I have -50 installed, but is it telling the
truth?  The XWin.log follows.

Did you ever confirm for me that you are *not* also running xwinclip at the same time as using -clipboard?

The log that you show below confirms that you *do not* have 4.3.0-50 installed, or that you are running some other version from your startup scripts. There should be a 5 line block at the top of the log file since 4.3.0-49, but your log doesn't have it. Don't know what to tell you... you must have some copies of XWin.exe laying around or maybe you copied certain versions and renamed them. You'll have to help us by figuring that out.

ddxProcessArgument - Initializing default screens
winInitializeDefaultScreens - w 1280 h 1024
winInitializeDefaultScreens - Returning
OsVendorInit - Creating bogus screen 0