Re: Still clipboard deadlock with 4.3.0-50

Igor Pechtchanski writes:

>>>The log that you show below confirms that you *do not* have 4.3.0-50
>>>installed,

>>That's what I suspected, but the setup program is quite sure it
>>installed -50...

>Please configure your mailer to not quote raw e-mail addresses in
>replies -- the spam harvesters have it too easy as it is.

As far as I know it quotes only the From header of the previous
message, which is already publicly readable?  I have hidden your
address in this case but I don't think you can require others to keep
hidden something which you have publicly disclosed.

If you're referring to the web archive, and the fact that it applies
some simple obfuscation to From: but not to message bodies, then I'll
change my mailer's behaviour if the list owner requests it.

>Also, if you had a copy of XWin.exe running at the time you did the
>install, setup was not able to replace it, but instead scheduled a
>replace-on-reboot for it.  Search /var/log/setup.log for "Scheduled
>reboot replacement".

Yes, I see it.  But I did reboot my machine, as the setup program
suggested.

Anyway I moved XWin.exe.new to XWin.exe and I am now running the
latest version.

--
Ed Avis <ed@membled.com>