Re: x-start-menu-icons doesn't install on a W2K german OS

Alexander Gottwald wrote:
Harold L Hunt II wrote:

Oh darn, it will be slightly more complex than I had hoped.

We will actually have to add an option to mkshortcut to have it create
all folders on the specified path, because it fails if the folders do
not exist and we have the same problem if we create the folders from our
shell script.

on uninstall: remove installed entries from the directory and remove the
directory if it is empty.

DIR=<using cygpath here>
for shortcut in xterm xload xbiff ...; do
    rm "$DIR/$shortcut"
done
if ls -l "$DIR" | grep -q "^total 0"; then
    rm -r "$DIR"
fi

That is exactly what we do already, but I believe it will suffer from the same problem as using passing the path from cygpath through bash when we create the icons. So, you would be ablet to create the icons using my idea, but the attempt to delete them would still delete them from the wrong directory...