Re: Massive CVS update

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Alexander Gottwald wrote:

> I will try to merge the XORG-RELEASE-1 branch more often into the
> CYGWIN branch to be as close as possible to the xorg work and be
> able to make a stable release as soon as the other xorg developers
> make their release.

Some words on how I do the merge:

I have the two branches checked out with this layout

xorg-release-1/xc XORG-RELEASE-1
xc-cygwin-merge/xc CYGWIN

the commands are quite simple

#
# Get the latest from XORG-RELEASE-1
#
cd xorg-release-1/xc
cvs update
#
# Mark the checked out revisions
#
cvs tag -F XORG-CYGWIN-MERGE
#
# Merge changes between XORG-CYGWIN-LAST-MERGE and XORG-CYGWIN-MERGE
#
cd ../../xc-cygwin-merge/xc
cvs update -j XORG-CYGWIN-LAST-MERGE -j XORG-CYGWIN-MERGE
#
# clean up
#
<remove conflicts, check that the tree builds>
#
# Commit what has changed
#
cvs commit -m "merge with XORG-RELEASE-1"
#
# Mark the revisions as last merge point
#
cd ../../xorg-release-1/xc
cvs tag -F -r XORG-CYGWIN-MERGE XORG-CYGWIN-LAST-MERGE

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de