Re: X/Cygwin icon proposal

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Nahor wrote:

> What is "New Alpha"? I sent a few on the mailing list. Was it icon_test9
> (attached again here)? This one has 24bit icons, hopefully the prefered
> format on systems not supporting the alpha channel (crossing fingers).

It looks good in the tray and taskbar, but not in the titlebar. (see attached
images)

If you can build ico files with both alpha and non-alpha icons why not include
your version with alpha channel and for non-alpha either the boxed (which I liked)
or a plain two-color variant.

bye
	ago

> I don't care about the majority of the systems out there. I care about
> the majority of the system using Cygwin/XFree. And that can be very
> different.
> That has nothing to do with cygwin but look at this poll of what gamers
> have (http://steampowered.com/status/survey.html): 90% of the OS are WinXP.
> Gamers tends to have very recent machines, so tend to have a recent OS.
> What I mean by giving this link is that the "majority" can differ
> greatly depending of what subset of people you're looking at.

> Geeks (where I put Cygwin users), I assume, would have a recent machine
> as their working machine and older systems for support (firewall,
> server, ...).
> So I would think that there are more XP machines out there than you
> think. Now, is it majority? I can't say but I would not be surprised at
> all if it were.

cygwin is unix. unix is simple (shell and stuff) and this is the opposite
of the bubble-gum os WinXP with alpha channel.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de