Re: Upcoming X.org release and splitting packages

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > xterm patch #185 is post-4.4, and according to fd.o's CVS is not in the
> > release-1 branch.
>
> It may be worth to make it a separate package and start using
> your sources from http://invisible-island.net/xterm/ when
> they're newer (most of the time).

Not exactly - though I maintain my own rcs archives of xterm, the patch
numbers do correspond to commits in XFree86.  So there's no difference
from that standpoint (of being newer).  Occasionally there's a minor bug
fix I add to XFree86 but don't make a new xterm patch, but the reverse is
not true.

However, I do make xterm patches more frequently than XFree86 releases
occur - that's simply a matter of 60,000 lines of code compared to 3
million...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net