Re: Show Root Window/Hide Root Window --> [Checked/Unchecked] ShowRoot Window?

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

I was just about to remove the tray menu icon's "Show Root Window" and "Hide Root Window" items and add a single checked or unchecked item called "Show Root Window". I figured I had better do a sanity check and ask if there was a reason that this was not done in the first place... I can't remember if I didn't do it this was just because I didn't know the right functions to call, or if there was as valid but hidden reason for doing this. Can anyone else recall a reason why this should not be done with a check mark next to the menu item? It is supposed to be supported since Windows 95, so compatibility is not an issue.

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2003-06/msg00084.html.

:)

If you're out messing with the tray menu, you might also change "Exit" to "Close" and add an X (close) icon next to it... (to see what I mean, right-click on a Windows Explorer menu in the task bar).

-JT