Re: Cygwin/Xfree on second (low res) monitor

Saul,

Saul Cozens wrote:

Unfortunately anoncvs.xfree86.org is unreachable at the moment, so I got an original copy of wincreatewnd.c and did a manual diff:

Wrong CVS tree:

http://x.cygwin.com/devel/server/

$ diff wincreatewnd.c wincreatewnd.c.orig
255,256c255,256
<             //iWidth = GetSystemMetrics (SM_CXSCREEN);
<             //iHeight = GetSystemMetrics (SM_CYSCREEN);
---
 >             iWidth = GetSystemMetrics (SM_CXSCREEN);
 >             iHeight = GetSystemMetrics (SM_CYSCREEN);

as you said- I got the line numbers wrong - I've must've been tinkering elsewhere. Anyway, I can start this up with:
XWin.exe -query <linuxbox> -screen 0 1024 768 -rootless -lesspointer -clipboard
and I do get a 1024x768 borderless window (on my 1280x1024 monitor-1) , which I can then move to monitor-2 using the Matrox PowerDesk hotkey for 'swap Active Window'.

I'm now seeing if I can add an [-offset <left> <top>] command line option to save me that hotkey press!

It sounds like you would be better served by an option that allows you to specify which Windows monitor to run on?