Re: Changes to multiwindow mode and always-on-top (ping Takuma)

Hi Takuma, thanks for your responses!

This is in answer to your two earlier messages...

Tamuka Murakami wrote...
> Popups on a-o-t windows are having problems and should be fixed.
> Did you fix it without reviving fAlwaysOnTop?  I'm interested in
> the solution.

Yes, this does not require the flag.  Basically, any overridden window
is now moved to the absolute top of the Z order, not just the top
of the regular stack.  It's a 1 line change in winmultiwindowwndproc.c.

> > > 1) Is minimization of a-o-t windows broken on release-59?
> > > 2) Does the CVS build fix restacking problem?
> Now it's quite clear to me, the culprit is my restacking bug.
> If Earle's solution fixes #2, then it is what we've sought for.
> Even if it doesn't fix it, he gives a nice stepping stone to
> the final solution.  I'll look at the code for a while.

I'll have to read the archives some more to understand what
you mean by the restacking bug, but FWIW there's a new
function called PreserveWin32Stack in winmultiwindowwm.c which
just walks the Win32 window stack after a map or a raise and
forces the X stack to be in the same order.  It's implemented now
just as a series of XRaiseWindows (it may be possible to use the
X combined restacking function)...
--
-Earle F. Philhower, III
 earle@ziplabel.com