Re: blinking xterm?

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Lester Ingber wrote:

> I can see that this could be a nice feature for some users.  However,
> can I set an option to suppress blinking, e.g., similar to being
> able to use +bc to turn off text cursor blinking?

It's a resource-setting (noting that my wording is a little convoluted):

       showBlinkAsBold (class ShowBlinkAsBold)
               Tells  xterm  whether  to display text with blink-attribute the
               same as bold.  If xterm has  not  been  configured  to  support
               blinking  text,  the default is ``true.'', which corresponds to
               older versions of xterm, otherwise the default is ``false.''

assuming that's what we're talking about, "xterm -v" would show

	XFree86 4.4(185)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net