Re: Changes to multiwindow mode and always-on-top (ping Takuma)

Hi Takuma,

> > At 07:56 PM 3/20/2004 +0900, Takuma Murakami wrote:
> >> You give me a good insight to improve Z order handling.
> >> I believe we can approach to better solutions.  The attached
> >> is my latest code which should fix all problems on restacking
> >> and a-o-t windows without using fAlwaysOnTop flag.  Could you
> >> try and review this?

After 48 hours of continuous running in a mixed environment of both X and Windows apps I haven't noticed any problems at all, and I've seen from the logfile that the fRestacking flag has captured and killed some recursive restacks as expected from looking at your code.

The only glitch I have seen, and this is NOT new, is that when the
Win32 Z order changes because of a right-click system menu or a
click-and-drag to move a window, the X window is only restacked
at the end of the menu or move operation.

I don't see any reason to not commit your changes to CVS as soon
as possible!

-Earle F. Philhower, III
 earle@ziplabel.com
 cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel