Possible clipboard hang fix in the works

I was just talking to 'jst' in irc.freenode.net about the periodic hanging caused by the clipboard integration manager.

I took a peek at the source code again (it is tough to understand and tough to not cause infinite loops, that's why I look at it about once every 3 months) and realized that I left in something that never realy intended to leave in: a blocking call that waits for an X application to send clipboard data.

The part I am referring to is that we call XPeekIfEvent to wait for a SelectionNotify event to be sent back to our clipboard manager. If an X application is misbehaved or if something goes wrong, then that message will never come. The problem with XPeekIfEvent is that it does not allow for a timeout value to be specified, so it blocks forever if the event never comes.

Upon a cursory inspection it should be almost trivial to replace the call to XPeekIfEvent with a simple loop that does the same thing but has a timeout value that prevents it from blocking indefinitely.

Course... that means we probably can't use select... so I'll have to look at how XPeekIfEvent works and write something similar to it.

In any case, I might have a fix for this problem later this week or as early as Wednesday.