Re: About box

Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 10:44:42PM -0500, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

Okay, I did it myself. We now have an About box that can be opened from the tray icon menu. The About box contains four buttons that link to our website (x.cygwin.com), our User's Guide on the website, our FAQ on the website, and our ChangeLog that is installed locally with the XFree86-xserv package.

I would like to modify this slightly in the future to check if the User's Guide and FAQ have been installed locally (via the cygwin-x-doc package) and to open those local documents instead of going out to the web everytime.

The About box is neat, check it out in XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-62 when it hits mirrors soon.

Sounds cool.

Any chance that it could also contain a link to the main cygwin web
site, too?

Yeah, I think that could be done.

I was also just talking to some people that frequently visit the Cygwin web site, but had no idea that the Cygwin/X web site even existed. It seems that it would be useful to add a short blurb on the main Cygwin site that says something like "Try Cygwin/X for a full-featured free X Server for Windows including clipboard integration, desktop integration, and more". I don't want to add that right away, but do you see a problem with my doing so in the near future?