Re: uxterm from xterm-185-3 and xfontsel crashing when running undercygserver support

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

On Mar 26 09:23, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

Other than that, I'm not at all familar with that stuff.  How can I
set up a minimal test system, so that it uses the bigfont extension
and, especially, IPC?  Yesterday I just started cygserver, XWin and
uxterm, and it doesn't use IPC by default, apparently.

As long as you have cygserver started and CYGWIN=server defined in a way

Ouch.  I started XWin from Windows Explorer, not thinking about
setting CYGWIN=server at all.

Yeah, I thought I was going to get yelled at for mentioning that :)

I've build my own xterm to have a debug version.  Unfortunately,
it doesn't happen in xterm, but in cygX11-6.dll, in function
XFreeFont(), right after shmctl(id, IPC_STAT, buf) has been called.
I don't have a debug version of cygX11-6 and I'm also not exactly
keen to debug it.  From what I can tell, the shmctl call works
fine.  After that call, the XFreeFont() function accesses a piece
of data, 512 bytes before the address of the buffer used as third
argument to shmctl().  This address (buffer - 512) results in the
SEGV.

Could you have another look into this?  Actually I don't see anything
wrong with the semctl call, it even checks the buffer pointer for
being accessible.

I'll have to see if I can reproduce this and maybe make a debug compile (takes about 2 hours, ugh).