Re: About box

Howdy Harold,

> Subject: Re: About box
..
> URLs: not possible in a dialog, as far as I can tell since this was how
> I wanted to do it too.  Buttons were the only way I could do it.

I have the feeling this is going to turn into the same kind of style argument as the ICON resource. ;)

FWIW, there are multiple ways of implementing URLs in a dialog box.  I've done both in my own W32 apps:
 Owner-drawn buttons:  Your DialogProc() gets notifications to draw the button, so you can implement the underlined URL drawing there
 Override the WndProc for the buttons created by the dialog during InitDialog
 (Not very portable, needs COM working) Instantiate an ActiveX control

I can submit some simple code that does the overridden windowproc (makes the pointer a little hand when you've over the icon, too!), but don't want to push the issue since it's more of a style than substance issue...
--
-Earle F. Philhower, III
 earle@ziplabel.com