Windows keys in the keymap?

Some of you may have noticed that Takuma and I added a "-keyhook" option to XWin.exe that allows Alt+Tab to be trapped on NT-based OSes and passed to X apps as a normal key event.

We can also do the same for the Windows keys on the keyboard, but there are a few problems at this time:

1) Mod4Mask was used for XK_Super_L and XK_Super_R in the information I could find about the Windows key in X keymaps. However, we currently use Mod4Mask for XK_Kana_Lock and XK_Kana_Shift. My first question is does the XK_Kana_Lock and XK_Kana_Shift thing even work right now? If not, then we can just switch these. If it does work, then we will have to change the modifier map if a Japanese keyboard layout is loaded... but I wonder if that is done already?

2) The Windows keys are typically mapped to XK_Super_L and XK_Super_R for VK_LWIN and VK_RWIN, repsectively. I am seeing scan codes of 0x5B and 0x5C for the VK_LWIN and VK_RWIN keys, respectively again (note: yes, these are the same as the virtual key code for these keys for some reason). If we want to map these keys to XK_Super_L and XK_Super_R we need some sort of entry in our default key map since it currently contains nothing about these keys. I have tried adding an entry, but xev never seemed to pick up a valid key press from the Windows key when I was trapping and passing it through, though I do know that the trapping and passing was working correctly.

So, who can help me figure out how to modify our default key map so that the Windows key will be useable under X?