Re: proposal for using windows truetype fonts

On Thursday 01 April 2004 02:16, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> >     Ralf> # Create a symbolic link for the windows truetype fonts ln
> >     Ralf> -sf $SYSTEMROOT/Fonts /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/truetype
> >
> > Is the environment variable SYSTEMROOT guaranteed to be defined?  If
> > not, you might be able to use WINDIR instead.
>
> Actually, it's better to use `cygpath -W` (or `cygpath -Ww` to get exactly
> the same value as $SYSTEMROOT).
> 	Igor
SYSTEMROOT is only avaliable for winNT and above, not for win9x, so using
$WINDIR or cygpath would be better.

I've tried this and it works. The script should look like

$ cat /etc/postinstall/freetype2.sh
#!/bin/sh

# Create a link to /usr/bin/freetype-config
mkdir -p /usr/X11R6/bin
ln -sf /usr/bin/freetype-config /usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config

# Create a symbolic link for the windows truetype fonts
ln -sf $WINDIR/Fonts /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/truetype

rsp.

ln -sf `cygpath -Ww` /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/truetype

Anywhay, relating to the the thread "ttmkfdir no longer needed" there may be
an access problem in symlinking the original windows dir. My question now is:
in which package this font handling stuff should go in the freetype package,
an already xfree package like fonts or a new "true type package" ?

Ralf