Re: coLinux + Cygwin

Digital Infra, Inc. wrote:

> I am a member of coLinux development team and have been considering how
> to add Cygwin/X to coLinux installer. It is easy to run Cygwin/X with
> coLinux if you install all cygwin package, but this is not convinient
> for average PC user.
> My question is, how to make minimum package of Cygwin/X.
> We tried to gather XWin.exe and some dlls to a directory, but it does
> not runs. it requires /etc, /tmp, and /usr/bin/X11R6 exist.

To start XWin you will need at least
XWin.exe
cygwin1.dll
cygX11-6.dll
cygfreetype-9.dll
cygz.dll

For full operation you will need
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb (this is a symlink to /etc/X11/xkb)
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts
/etc/X11/xkb (files can be placed in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb)

These paths are hardcoded. If you want to install into another directory
(eg /opt/colinux) you will have to recompile X11 and add this to
xc/config/cf/host.def
#define ProjectRoot          /opt/colinux

This will for example install the xkb definitions to /opt/colinux/lib/X11/xkb

> Do you have something like cygwin_x_setup.exe which is 2 or 3
> megabytes, contains EVERYTHING to run Cygwin/X.

No. Our packages are designed to be installed with the cygwin installer only.

bye
    ago
NP: Zeraphine - United and lost
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723