cygwin Xterm and mysqlclient - stdout/stdin/stderr problem ?

I am using mysqlclient on WinXP. This works well with in the standard cygwin bash shell. Using the xterm with the cygwin-xfree the client hangs after initiation at the command line. I have upgraded to the most recent version of cygwin. Prior to this the output would appear in the parent bash shell, rather than in the xterm.

I looks a little like a problem with redirection of stdout ...

Has anyone else experience this problem. There was some discussion regarding the way stdout is handled in xterms with Windows on the mailing list.

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2003-05/msg00392.html

If I ssh from the xterm to a remote linux system the mysql client works as would be expected.

thanks

Richard

--
Richard Piper

Web: http://icu.rnsh.org
Mobile: 0438-120860
Sydney: 9926-8617
Kippax: 6550-5117
Email: rpiper@med.usyd.edu.au

GPG key ID: F6DFFB33 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
Key fingerprint: 3FB8 8355 3AAA 84C3 D548  8FFF EFDB C6B5 F6DF FB33