Re: netscape 4.8 crashed on Cygwin/X

Where did you look for a solution for this? I ask because this is brought up almost daily on our mailing list (today even) and is in our FAQ. The problem has nothing to do with Cygwin/X and everything to do with OpenSSH and the solution is trivial. The answer is at the following URL, but where were you looking without finding it (or did you even look before reporting it?):

http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#q-ssh-no-x11forwarding

Harold

dcyspm wrote:

I tried to X11-forward a netscape 4.8 browser window
using Cygwin/X from a Solaris 8 (recent patches
applied) server and I got the following error:

$ ./netscape
X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid
Pixmap or Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  73 (X_GetImage)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x3a
  Serial number of failed request:  78

and no browser window.  It worked under Exceed, so it
does not appear to be a problem with the netscape
binary.  I did not see any other instances of this
problem on the list.

I don't need a resolution, considering the quality of
the Solaris implementation of netscape (and netscape's
implementation of Mozilla) I'm happier forwarding the
ports I need and using my local browser.  Just thought
I'd bring it up, I'm not going to debug it (don't code
much under Windows).