Re: mysql command line client hangs in cygwin xterm

On Wednesday 28 April 2004 17:40, Richard Piper wrote:
> On looking into this, it seems that mysql including its client is
> compiled with cygwin. It is an old version, and this may explain the
> problem.

This is the reason I refuse to use MySQL on Windows - sooner or later the
multiple cygwin.dll problem that their distribution creates if the user also
installs Cygwin is going to start biting people.  If possible I would suggest
looking into Firebird (the database) instead.

Cheers,

Rasjid.